Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: buying a super8mm camera

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Magnus387's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    New to the forum, and I'm sure this very question has been asked many times so I apologize in advance...

    I am interested in making short super 8mm films that contain diologue. I want a camera that is quiet enough to allow me to shoot diologue scenes with an outside sound source (i.e a Marantz recording device) but also one that has crystal clear picture quality. I am willing to spend up to 1000. Let me know it this camera exists. Thanks a ton

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    The first choice would be the Nizo camera with the four digit model numbers. I mention several model numbers on the www.super-8mm.net site, also on the super-8mm.com site as well.

    The Elmo1012 is also pretty quiet. Chinon makes a very quiet camera as well, again I think it would be a four digit model number, some claim that the lens is softer on the chinon but probably moreso when completely wide open.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •